Another big long gap since the last J.Crew favourites. It is kind of disappointing knowing that J.Crew prints don’t work anymore and the fits and styles just keep disappointing me and many other J.Crew fans. I was actually excited for the February collection, especially the Firework Floral print. It is really a long long while since we had such a beautiful print. But the excitement is just not quite there yet. Even the garments didn’t work as well, I really want to embrace the J.Crew shoes collection. For the Spring and Summer collection, a lot of beautiful new styles came out so here you are, the J.Crew favs shoes edition!
J.Crew March favs ♥ the shoes edition
- ELSIE CRACKLED LEATHER PUMPS
- The Dulci Kitten Heels were a great hit throughout the past few seasons. I love those heels too since it was the perfect height and not to mention, they are very comfortable. The Elsie is the same fit but in a higher height. It is a 3 1/2″ heel, I don’t think this would bother any girls who already mastered the art of heels, especially ones who have to wear heels to work everyday. I love the style of crackled leather. It is chic and mature, best for your semi-formal or formal wear to work outfit. What I also love about it is the colour selection. It does come in a neon yellow which works great for the summer but it also comes in this white colour. The white will make it so easy for you to mix and match your outfits. It would look absolutely gorgeous with your skinny jeans for casual looks or your black/grey/navy suiting pants.
- HARPER LEATHER TASSEL MULES
- I’m a sucker for tassels. I fell in love with this pair of sandals when I first saw it in our style guides. I generally don’t wear shoes that have such a pointy head. But they look so great and elegant. The image I have straight off is a nice vacation in Greek with the little white houses in the background. Or a beach side walk with my Panama hat, sunglasses, hot pants, and tank top. It is such a elegant vacation pick.
- The only down side of the mules (and all the other mules sandals) is that its bottom is very stiff, hard, and thin. It is basically like a piece of hard wood. There’s no cushion nor it is thick enough to give you comfort when you walk in it. I don’t think it is ideal for long walks. It’s okay if you are spending the day at the beach.
- MARLOW MULES
- You know what they say about fashion. Fashion is always recyclable. When these shoes came in, my colleague said they look like her mom’s shoes back in the 80s. Yes. That is what I love about it! It is a very hipster look but it is a classic look. This pair of heels will look good if you have a love and sense for vintage wear. What I love about this pair of mules compared to other mules is that it doesn’t have that button detail on the sides. With the pressed in buttons, it really looks old and dated. But the Marlow Mules don’t have the pressed buttons. It gave room for chic and classy to come in.
- So far, I’m loving the pair of heels. It is a 3 1/2″ in height but because it is a thicker heel, it is not hard to walk. I do recommend to grab these shoes half a size smaller because the heels don’t wrap up your ankle so you might have difficulty walking in them.
- LASER CUT D’ORSAY FLATS
- The D’orsay flats are also a big hit throughout the past few seasons. I was really excited to see the laser cut leather version of the flats. Sadly it was only available online and it didn’t last long till it was sold out. I was so over suede so it was really great to see the laser cut version. A more summer and refreshing look. But it also have the same problem the Harper Mules had. The bottom is pretty thin and don’t have a good cushion to support the walk. Wish it had the same comfort the Cece flats or Kiki flats had.
- BIRKENSTOCK FOR J.CREW METALLIC ARIZONA SANDALS
- Birkenstock is one of the best, most comforting sandals I ever owned. I don’t know if it is actually true or not but there is a myth that the longer you own your Birkenstock, the more it will adjust to your foot shape so it gives you the highest level of comfort. I use to own a pair when I was 15 or 16 years old. It got too old and I had to abandon it. Really want to get a new pair. The metallic gold is such a classic colour. You can never go wrong with metallic gold whether it is for the summer or for the fall.
To wrap up, here is one of my favourite pic of the week with my Marlow Mules ❤
And the Firework Floral print that got me excited from last month’s collection.