- MERINO WOOL ASYMMETRICAL ZIP SWEATER IN COLORBLOCK (BURGUNDY NAVY)
The asymmetrical zip sweater is a classic fall item. I remember seeing them in the store last year and yes of course, it came back to the store again this year, and continued to stay strong as one of best sellers. We did received several colourblock asymmetrical zip sweaters but not the one in burgundy and navy colour. This colour matching caught my eye via the website. It’s like the perfect colour for fall.
- Classic J.Crew closet should always have shirts standby at all times. All great J.Crew looks work well with a shirt under your sweater or sweatshirts. Sometimes, it works with t-shirts too! Wear a long shirt like our Endless shirt that covers your bum! This gives more length to your style. It also helps to showcase your sweater.
- Want a bit more character? Wear it with some dressy sweatpants. Now now, when I say dressy sweatpants I don’t mean bling bling sweatpants or studded sweatpants. I had customers came in the other day and asked for dressy pants and turns out they are looking for jeweled studded pants (like the ones Juicy Couture carries). Anyways, I’m looking at pants that are less sporty and more stylish.
- PLAZA SKIRT IN GLEN PLAID
I had to debate whether I want the skirt to be in my September favourite or the dress. The plaza skirt in glen plaid also came in the dress version. I tried on both and the dress was too long on me. I would had to order pettie. On second thoughts, I went with the skirt over the dress. The pattern was just too much when it comes as a dress. The skirt will keep the classy look and also allow room for you to play around with styles. One piece dresses are only for lazy bums.
- Since this is one of those classic looks… I’m thinking of turtle neck sweaters. I don’t want to go with shirts since it would come out too wear-to-work and boring. Turtle neck sweaters give it a more vintage look. It could be sleeveless or long sleeves. I know J.Crew is all about half tucking in your tops but in this particular look, I do think tucking everything in would make that look more complete.
- Finish your look with a pair of leather boots! If you’re a petite, wear ankle boots to keep the length.
- WOOL PINSTRIPE TOP COAT
We’ve been receiving more than 2-3 pinstripe products and I always fall for them. The one I love was the wool pinstripe baseball cap. But… I don’t wear baseball caps.. Found this top coat online and I just know this would be one of my favourite item for the fall. Although I didn’t physically tried it on, I still know it will work out perfectly.
- My favourite thing about pinstripe is it’s flexibility to mix and match. It could be worn as dressy or casual.
- Wearing it to work will not be a problem. Pair it with a simple scarf so it doesn’t steal the pinstripe spotlight away. And finish the look with leather boots.
- For casual looks, wear it with jeans or dressy sweatpants. Finish the look with a pair of sneakers like a pair of New Balance, Nike or Adidas. Our good company Commes des garcon have a pair of with sneakers that have their logo on it. Simple but chic.
- CLASSIC PAVE LINK BRACELET
The pave link bracelet was always my favourite. Somehow, I built a much stronger love towards it this month. I feel like it is because fall is coming and I love darker deeper colours for the fall. The bling on the pave link just gives it a very nice touch to light up the outfit. This is a classic piece that I will never regret buying and will always find a way to wear it every year.
- Like I said, anything would go well with the classic pave link bracelet. Especially the bling and the gold cause it is the perfect touch up for fall outfits. Just be careful not to over accessorize your outfit. If you want to wear the pave link, make sure you don’t wear a big statement necklace or earrings cause it will steal away the spotlight. Wear something a bit more simple or low profile. Try to avoid other blings on your outfit and ideally less patterns will let your bracelet stands out more.
- STELLA HOUNDSTOOTH PUMPS
Fall styles could not exclude houndstooth. Stella pumps is always one of the most comfortable heels and with the houndstooth, it is a perfect match.
- Houndstooth is like pinstripe. Easy to wear-to-work or wear for casual looks. I would totally wear it with a pair of jeans and still rock it.
- DUTCH FLORAL CROPPED SWEATSHIRT
I’m so in love with this sweatshirt!! Out of the 6 items this month I’m writing about, the dutch floral is definitely my #1 choice. Just after a few days the sweatshirt landed in our store, it was completely sold out. We only had an XL left and I had to order the item online for my customers. Celebrity spotted! Katie Lee, co-host of Food Network show The Kitchen loves wearing J.Crew! And I accidently spotted her in action with our dutch floral sweatshirt. (Photo credits: bstvtalk from Instagram)
- This is such an easy pattern to wear! To keep it simple just wear it with skinny jeans (chambray or black). To add a bit more fall to the outfit, wear skinny pants in burgundy!
- For a more J.Crew style, add a collar shirt under the sweatshirt.
- To elevate it a bit more, wear a bottom in crepe material like our Turner pants, Curator pants or even our Plaza skirt in crepe.
LOOKS WE LOVE