Fall collection always start marching in retail stores before summer barely warmed up in Vancouver. A late August recap of new products received in our store this month. I simply can’t bail on this post cause there’s so many fav pieces already waiting in line to be introduced for next this month’s J.Crew faves.
- SAY YES SWEATSHIRT
This sweatshirt came in as late shipment. By the time it got here, it was already on sale. I just can’t get over the fact that it is so soft and comfty. My colleagues and I were making fun of the “SAY YES” graphic print on the sweatshirt. We were judging why a women sweatshirt should say yes… Say yes to what? It would be totally adorable if this was a men piece and men would wear it for proposal. Anyways, the sweatshirt is adorable. The words are lined with gold stroke and it just simply elevated this simple causal look.
- complete the outfit with a flared surf skirt.. the skirt gives a boxy feeling that would add more structure to your outfit.
- wear a printed collar shirt under the sweatshirt. the simple look needs elevation. be fun. don’t let the grey colour hide your fun side.
- keep your simple look modern and stylish with a pair of vans/new balance/nike/adidas. give it more character by adding one of these pair of shoes that is in special print or colour.
- use a crossbody bag. make sure you’re not getting too sporty cause your look can sure use some girly fun
- COLLECTION GEORGIE CALF HAIR LOAFERS
Totally in love with these shoes!! J.Crew collection pieces never disappoint me. This fall, they are going big on calf hair leopard print. The first time I saw them coming, I fell in love with the sophie calf hair loafers instead of the georgie cause the sophie comes in the colour camel pony which is a lighter and creamier colour compared to the georgie’s hazelnut colour. But I still went with the georgie because the print is bigger than sophie’s print. It sure made more of a statement with the bigger print.
- anyone with leopard print garments know that it will be the star of your outfit. You don’t need a lot of pairing with a good leopard print. I would just simply pair it with jeans and a simple top! Always remember less is more! Otherwise you’ll lose your character.
- BULLDOG TROUSER SOCKS
Adorable! When they first came in I started a debate that it was pugs not bulldogs that were printed on them. Nope… I was wrong. It is bulldogs. How I wish they were pugs! Even they’re bulldogs, they are absolutely adorable! J.Crew socks won’t disappoint me ever with their great quality they use.
- pair this with a pair of ankle boots! Make it chic with black boots or make it cute with brown boots.
- PLEATED LATTICE SKIRT IN HIDDEN FLORAL
I must admit I’m surprise that this pattern actually sold really well. I got this from Chinook Centre J.Crew cause my size for this skirt sold out so fast! I remember there was only 1-2 of these skirts left after a short 1-2 weeks it was in the store. The cutting fits so well on me and I love love love it! The skirt is a high waist fitting and is made with crepe material so it is unquestionably comfortable and light.
- I will pair this skirt with a white classic shirt to make it look chic and classy. J.Crew love their endless shirt which are much longer in length. They would half tuck it in their bottoms so it gives coverage of your bum but also give length to your body.
- For a more simple casual look, I will pair it with a t-shirt or sweater. This skirt is a little on the dressy side so I would rather not pair it with sweatshirts. Solid colour t-shirts or sweaters would be best to pair with so it doesn’t take away the skirt’s glam from its pattern. Graphic tees with simple design or word print would work too!
- LIGHTWEIGHT CROPPED SWEATSHIRT
Can’t take my eyes off of sweatshirt this month! This sweatshirt is super light. Perfect for Vancouver weather – not hot not cold – at the moment. It comes in four colour and this pastel pink colour just steals my heart. It is such a girly adorable colour. Yes, it is simple but it stole my heart.
- J.Crew is big on the pairing of scarf under sweatshirt/sweater style this fall. This sweatshirt is perfect for my print scarves. By adding scarves under sweatshirts, it evens out the sporty casual look and elevate it to chic.
LOOKS WE LOVE